Your final paper will be due on Monday, December 12 during finals period (10:50 AM – 1:20 PM). We will be meeting in our regularly scheduled room (COB 216), and the PS3 will be up and running! You may stay for as long as you wish; just make sure you hand in your paper.
Your essay is on any topic of your choosing, so long as it is related to the Art History of Games.
- The final paper is worth 30% of your grade.
- The paper will be at least 10 pages long. –> Changed to 7-10 pages.
- Bibliography does not count towards the
- There must be at least
fourten lines of text on the 10th7th page.
- Proofread your papers. As always, spelling and grammar count.
- The page layout will be in MLA format (12pt Times New Roman font, 1″ margins, double-spacing, 0pt paragraph spacing, header, page numbers, etc).
- There is no cover page, but your paper must include a header.
- The bibliography will be in APA format.
- You should have at least two references other than games in your bibliography to support your research. These references may be from any of the assigned readings or from outside research. Use only reliable, scholarly sources (i.e. no Wikipedia, eHow, forums, etc.).
- Enter any games mentioned in the bibliography. As there is no official APA game citation style, use this format for game citations:
Game Title. (Platform, Year). Version number if applicable. Developer, Publisher. Media Type. (i.e. DVD, Flash, downloadable .exe, etc.)
- Think about what topic you want and turn in or e-mail me a description of it by Monday December 5. While not turning in a topic idea will not lower your grade, it may affect your preparedness, and thus the quality of your final paper.
- If you would like your paper returned, please include a self-addressed envelope of appropriate size and proper postage or attach a note. I will put papers with notes attached in my mail box.
- You may hand in your paper early.
- No digital copies accepted.
- No late papers accepted. Turn in your papers no later than 1:20 PM on December 12.
- This message will not self-destruct. However, it will play the Mission Impossible theme song (free Leonard
NemoyNimoy included). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA8umvttPvI